- Have healthy pigs (fit for human consumption), which should be free from disease and originate from disease-free areas.
- Observe 28 days withdrawal period from the day of last treatment.
- Ensure pigs weigh between 80 – 100 kgs live weight and aged 7-8 months.
- Have all male pigs castrated
- Entire boars are not acceptable).
- Payments are based on cold dressed weights (dead weights).
- All pigs must be delivered to the slaughterhouse before 6:00pm on agreed days only.
Farmers Choice also Offers:
- Free Extension services
- Free Monthly farmer trainings
- Feeds at subsidised prices
- Free collection of mature pigs
- Subsidised transport on own pig delivery
- Somewhat steady market
- Prompt payment on slaughtered animals – 24 hrs.
- Good breeds – subject to availability